The 46th Winter Colloquium on the Physics of Quantum
Electronics, PQE-2016, will be
held at Snowbird, Utah,
All participants must make their own hotel reservations.
To make hotel reservations:
- Deadline: December
- There are several hotels at Snowbird, and the conference will be in the
“Cliff Lodge” so we recommend
that one. Also, the Cliff Lodge is where we get the
- Reservations By Telephone:
The best approach is by telephone. This is open 24 hours,
so international participants should have no problem.
- Call Snowbird central reservations at +1-800-453-3000, or if you
have international toll-free access, at 00-800-4400-5511.
If you cannot call toll-free numbers in the US, then
call +1-801-947-8820 and ask for “reservations.”
- Depending on what the recorded message says, you either
want the option to speak with a “lodging specialist”
or “to make new reservations”.
- Tell them you are with the PQE
Conference to get the group rate.
- Reservations On Line:
It is also possible to make reservations using Snowbird's secure web
store. Just follow
- Put in the days you would like to stay.
- Next, put in the number of people.
- Put in the “Group Code” which is PQEC16.
- Under “Property” check “The Cliff Lodge”.
- Click on “Check Rates”.
- This takes you to a secure form. Before you click on "Book Now"
consider if you want to add any additional items.
We recommend transportation
to/from the airport but you can add this later
with no problem if you do not know your flight details
at this time. Read more on that here.
- Click on “Book Now” You can then pay by credit card
like any other web store.
- PQE Group Rate:
The group rate per night is US$190 plus a mandatory $12 resort fee (single or double
occupancy). Applicable taxes add $23.43 per night,
bringing the total to $225.43 per night.
This rate is valid January 1 (subject to change
depending on availability) through and
including the night of January 9.
Surrounding days are charged the regular winter rates at Snowbird.
- Sharing a Room:
Attendees wishing to share a room may make the
arrangements directly through Snowbird. Snowbird can
split the payment at the time of booking if both parties
provide payment informaion. Otherwise upon arrival to
the hotel the billing can be split and payment adjustments
can be taken care of on site.
- Ground Transportation:
You need to arrange ground
transportation to and from the airport. It is easiest to do
this when you make your hotel reservation. If you make reservations
by phone, just tell them you want ground transportation.
If you book online, make sure to click on “Ground
Transportation” under the “additional items”
section. Read more on that here.
- The email address for lodging at Snowbird is:
firstname.lastname@example.org and their
web site is www.snowbird.com
If you have any questions, or if we can help you in some way,
please contact us by email at the address below.