- To reach Snowbird, the nearest airport is the Salt-Lake
City, Utah, international airport. The three-letter code
- Snowbird is about 1 hour by car from the Salt-Lake City
airport. However, it is important to realize that the
resort is in a mountain pass at about 2500 meters altitude.
It is common for there to be a lot of snow and for the road
to be restricted for avalanche control. Although you can
drive, the conditions can be uncertain and 4-wheel drive may
be required by law. We do
not recommend that you drive.
- We recommend that you arrange ground transportation
with Canyon Transportation which
runs vans regularly from the airport to the resorts. This
is a very reliable company that has done business in this area
for several decades. They are also recommended by Snowbird.
- If you are staying at Snowbird:
provided that it is more than 48 hours before your arrival,
you can book your transportation through Snowbird and save a little money.
There are two ways to do this:
The price is $72 round trip or $38 one-way.
- If you already know your flight schedule before you book your room,
you can include transportation when you
book your room.
- If you already have your room reservation you can book
transportation directly from Snowbird
Note: you will need your
- Not staying at Snowbird:
you can make reservations directly from Canyon's web site at
The price is $76 round trip, or $39 one-way.
If you have any questions, or if we can help you in some way,
please contact us by email at the email address below.